As we reflect on the past year, we want to share some of the top stories from around our network. We’re struck by the relentless focus our staff, our partners, and the cities we work with have had on delivering results and implementing initiatives, and helping cities realize the benefits of resilience thinking.
Here are the top 10 stories we published this year:
- The Urban Resilience Summit 2017 – July 28, 2017
- 100 Resilient Cities Announces Global Summit – Largest Ever Gathering of Urban Resilience Experts – June 23, 2017
- Catalyzing the Urban Resilience Market – January 17, 2017
- A Focus on Impact: Evidence from the First Four Years – June 19, 2017
- New York City: A Living Laboratory for Urban Resilience – July 26, 2017
- What is The Resilient Puerto Rico Advisory Commission? – November 16, 2017
- A New Era for the Urban Resilience Movement – August 8, 2017
- Our Resolutions for 2017 – January 18, 2017
- Dynamic Partnerships Deploying Resilience Solutions Around the World – October 23, 2017
We’re inspired by stories of the growing influence of urban resilience and cities in our network leading the way by developing innovative solutions to the most pressing, urgent resilience challenges. See some of the top news stories we’ve seen this year:
- New York Times: The Dutch Have Solutions to Rising Seas. The World Is Watching.
- Fast Company: How 5 Chief Resilience Officers Are Preparing For The Next 50 Years
- CityLab: In Disaster Recovery, Social Networks Matter More Than Bottled Water and Batteries
- Fox News: City planning for natural disasters pivots from ‘recovery to resilience’
- Thomson Reuters Foundation / AllAfrica: Cities Set the Pace On Fighting Poverty, Climate Change but Who Will Pay?
- WNYC: Making the 21st Century Metropolis Resilient
- NextCity: Risk Expert Says There’s One Budgeting Question Every City Must Now Ask
- CNN: Africa’s ‘resilient cities’ plan for the future
- Curbed: How cities can stand up to climate change
- Reuters: Cities urged to “embrace new reality” of mass migration